[Neighbors] Question: What are we doing? Homeless Setting up Tents at Tennis Courts (Lead & Wesleyan)

Mike P. moonpie785 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 10:33:36 MDT 2024

Dear Nob Hill,

I am quite angered that my daughter came home and said a homeless person
was camping in front of the entrance to the tennis courts at Lead &
Wellesley. Her and her friend left as they should have and didn't
practice.  I saw someone respond that posts about homeless people should be
on Next Door.  I would submit that our Nob Hill Association is also exactly
where this discussion should take place.  A week ago the people of Nob Hill
and those around Hyder Park worked with the city and police to remove two
RV's and one huge rental truck that were "camping" around Hyder Park.
Within one day one RV had thrown out tires and garbage into Hyder Park.
With many calls to the police, city and our city council member, they were
told to move.  Now we have someone "camping" in a green tent in Nob Hill
near the tennis courts at Lead & Wesleyan.  Please call 311 or 242 Cops and
have them removed.

And what's concerning is - where is the leadership from Nob Hill
Neighborhood Assoc. who is in regular contact with the police liaison for
our area?  What are they doing?  Why aren't they updating the membership
about the serious issue of homelessness? They don't answer Facebook
messages, they have hardly any Instagram presence, that's unacceptable for
Nob Hill, our premier neighborhood.  If NHNA needs help with social media
they should be sending out emails asking for help (they absolutely need
help).  I'm concerned that my wife and I have lived in Nob Hill for two
years and we have never met our Nob Hill President except at a meeting.
Whomever that currently is should be walking all around our
neighborhood introducing
themselves, hearing concerns, making sure all is well and reporting any
vehicles, RV's, tents that are "camping" in our neighborhood.

If these people have had a tough life and something brought them to this
sad point or if they love living this way, we as a community do NOT have to
just put up with it.  We are all doing our best just taking care of
ourselves and we've poured a lot of money into our homes not to have some
garbage RV, tent or car park in front of it and start dumping their human
waste in the street among other things.  The people in these RV's, tents
and cars bring garbage, feces & urine, drug paraphernalia and others just
like them.  And it will get out of control faster than our neighborhood
association apparently realizes.  They are welcome to go camp in an
industrial area or an actual campground.  But we should not allow them to
just come into Nob Hill (or Hyder Park) and just start camping in front of
people's homes or at city parks.  Do you want them in front of your home
with all their filth?  We sure do not.

 If anyone has any suggestions we are ready to listen and help. Please call
311 or 242-cops and get these people removed from Nob Hill.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Michael