[Neighbors] mini round-abouts

bluet-78504 at mypacks.net bluet-78504 at mypacks.net
Sat Mar 23 15:05:07 MDT 2024

I was just about to comment that our emergency vehicles could likely pass over this mini traffic circles without slowing down much, when now I see the addition of vertical steel posts that would damage a rescue vehicle doing that. Seems to be getting worse.
Also, there is now a white striping at the sides of Garfield that seems to serve no purpose (people still park on the shoulder and bicyclists still take their chances riding in the lane of traffic).
I asked the City if they could paint a wide Stop Bar at the existing stop signs like we have on many streets without crosswalks that meet Lead & Silver. I received no response. .
Does anyone know if these are compliant with the MUTCD? I read the contractor's prospectus but did not see a clear answer, given the much smaller area of these intersections compared to larger, specially-designed traffic circles..

Thanks,

JS