[NMCCSC] Service road

Amy Mathis yavanna1259 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 09:41:33 MST 2022

Hi all,
Some folks want ski reports on email, so if you are tired of Amy Mathis, just hit delete.
I went up yesterday afternoon to skate ski the service road.  It was about 30 degrees, and the entire road has full coverage, and is packed powder.  There was one area that is very exposed to wind and it is just starting to get wind scoured a bit.  There are post-holes, but in general it was an excellent ski for both skate and classic.  I'm hoping to take the classics out this afternoon to try out the trails if I can get my work done today.
I spoke with a guy that had just skinned up the downhill area and he said the downhill skiing is quite good and that he could easily see where to avoid obstacles.  He said the recent snow was packed down so that you don't sink through powder right down to rocks.  He did tell me to stick to the groomers in the downhill area though.  Still, if you skin up there, you might want to wear your rock skis.  I think all of my skis are become rock skis.
-Amy