[Rdhs_class1961] RDHS Class of 1961 News

Robert A. Fisher bob at rafisher.com
Wed Oct 6 10:33:16 MDT 2021

To send messages, comments, or announcements to Bob Fisher, do not click on the reply button, but instead please use bob at rafisher.com

≈≈≈≈ANNOUNCEMENT #1 A free gift to all from Jeff Medler ≈≈≈≈

To my River Dell Classmates:

Last year during the stay-at-home edict, I realized I needed to do more than watch TV and read. I had snow to blow and eventually a lawn to mow, but needed something beyond that to keep my mind active. I decided to write a book. The result was “The Captain and the Winery”.

As a gift to my friends in our River Dell class of ’61, I have made the Kindle e-book edition available free to download from this Friday, October 8, through Tuesday the 12th. If you don’t have a Kindle, you can download the Kindle App from Amazon for free as well, and read the book on any device.

To get to the e-book, just Click on:   https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M4G7853/ref=dbs_p_ebk_dam <https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M4G7853/ref=dbs_p_ebk_dam>

If that doesn’t work, just copy and paste this into your browser

and if that doesn’t work just look out your front window and once you see a 5 year old child walk by, ask him/her for help.  You will be fixed up in under 1 minute.

The story is about a struggling family farm and the daughter who transformed it into something her siblings could never have imagined. It’s a tale of overcoming obstacles, realizing dreams, navigating crises, and ultimately finding unexpected fulfillment.

When the McCoy family farm on Eastern Long Island could no longer compete, the young daughter, Kate suggests converting it into a vineyard and winery. The eventual success of the venture does not fulfill her deepest longings, so she sets out to right that wrong and purchases a sailboat. Hiring an experienced sailor to accompany and mentor her on an ocean sail, he untethers her dreams and leads her to unanticipated joy. But there’s a catch; is the captain she hired all he seems to be?

It’s not ‘Gone With the Wind’, but I think it’s an engaging read for the coming cold season (for those of you still living up north anyway).  If you are interested, I hope you get the free e-book and enjoy. If you do and if you enjoy it, I’d appreciate a positive review. (That will help its visibility on Amazon.)

Have a good fall and a wonderful holiday season!

Jeff Medler

Canandaigua, NY

 ≈≈≈≈To be removed from Bob Fisher’s e-mailing list ≈≈≈≈
You are being sent this announcement e-mail because you asked to be on my (Bob Fisher's) e-mailing list for news relevant for the River Dell High School Class of 1961.  To stop receiving these e-mails, just e-mail bob at rafisher.com <mailto:bob at rafisher.com>  and enter the word "Remove" in the subject line.