[Rdhs_class1961] Class of 1961 announcements

Robert A. Fisher Bob at rafisher.com
Tue Apr 26 15:11:10 MDT 2022

 To send messages, comments, or announcements to Bob Fisher, do not click on the reply button, but instead please use bob at rafisher.com

≈≈≈≈ANNOUNCEMENT #1 RDHS Wrestling Coach John Begin has been found ≈≈≈≈

Thanks to Blaine Pool, RDHS Class of 1963, Coach Jack Begin has been located.  95 year-old Coach Begin, sadly dealing with Dementia, is in a senior care facility in Georgia, apparently living quite close to his wife Cindy and their daughter.  He reportedly does not have a phone, but notes and cards can be sent to:

Jack Begin
Lakes Crossing Senior Center
900 Gross Road
Kingsland, Georgia   31548

Right now, letters and cards are read to him by either the staff or by his visiting family.  If you hope to talk to him, I suppose you could write letter to ask that when his wife or daughter visits, one of them could call you and then hand the phone to Jack.  I don’t know how good his hearing is.

Below is a recent photo:

≈≈≈≈ANNOUNCEMENT #2 The mechanics of our 60th (61st?) reunion ≈≈≈≈

I have chosen to rewrite the reunion instructions with an eye for extra clarity and extra completeness.  I have called all the numbers and clicked on the clickable.  If anything is incorrect or unclear, please let me know ASAP.  I am sending each of you the very best wishes for good health, as I am hoping to see as many of you as possible at this, our most likely last reunion.  My great gratitude is extended to Margaret Lyons and to Judi van Romondt-Di Donato, who did the Lion’s share of the searching, planning, and deciding regarding this upcoming 60th reunion.  I am just the mailman.

Details of Our Upcoming Reunion

Date:   Friday Night, October 21, 2022.  6 PM to 10 PM

Location: Marriott Park Ridge, 200 Brae Boulevard, Park Ridge, New Jersey.  (201) 307-0800

Reunion Registration fee:  $95 Per Person: Includes Hors d’ouvres from 6 to 7, Buffet Dinner, Open Bar.  Payment deadline date not yet determined.
   Make Checks payable to Margaret Lyons, RD Class of 1961 and mail to:

Margaret Lyons
228 Indian Hollow Court
Mahwah, NJ 07430
margaretlyons15 at yahoo.com
201-312-5945

Hotel Room Booking:   If you wish to stay at the Marriott, you must book your room directly with Marriott.  At the moment the rate is $159 plus tax for the room.  Margaret Lyons is not involved in any way regarding your overnight lodging accommodations.  At the Marriott, rhere is a choice of one King bed in the reserved room or two smaller beds in the reserved room. The website says that the booking deadline is 9/21/2022, but it doesn’t say what time on that date, so, for best results, book as early you can on or before 9/20/2022.  The rooms are limited, so book as early as you can.  If they tell you that the block of rooms has been entirely booked, contact me ASAP and i will get the right people to try to open more rooms within the booking.   If you can’t find me, try Margaret.
   To book the Marriott Hotel room electronically, click on:

https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1645815419182&key=GRP&app=resvlink <https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1645815419182&key=GRP&app=resvlink>

   To book the Marriott Hotel room by telephone, please call  1-800-228-9290.  Tell them you want a room at the Marriott Park Ridge, NJ under the heading “River Dell Reunion - Class of 1961 Room Block.”  If that doesn’t help, tell them that the code for the king bed situation is RIHRIHA or that the code for the two smaller beds in a room is RIHRIHB.  In these two codes, all characters are letters.  There are no integers.

I hope this elaboration is helpful.  And Thanks again to Margaret and Judi.

Again my best wishes for good health to all of you.
Bob Fisher
505-577-3725
bob at rafisher.com

 ≈≈≈≈To be removed from Bob Fisher’s e-mailing list ≈≈≈≈
You are being sent this announcement e-mail because you asked to be on my (Bob Fisher's) e-mailing list for news relevant for the River Dell High School Class of 1961.  To stop receiving these e-mails, just e-mail bob at rafisher.com <mailto:bob at rafisher.com>  and enter the word "Remove" in the subject line.