[Rdhs_class1961] Announcements for the Class of 1971

Robert A. Fisher bob at rafisher.com
Wed Aug 23 12:30:37 MDT 2023

To send messages, comments, or announcements to Bob Fisher, do not click on the reply button, but instead please use  rafisher7399 at icloud.com

≈≈≈≈ANNOUNCEMENT #1 Teacher Bob Mcluckie has passed away ≈≈≈≈

> [...]
> In 1979, at age 51, Bob and his family moved to Eastham. It was here that Bob’s entrepreneurial spirit emerged. Over the years, he and the family ran a bicycle shop, bed and breakfast, candy store and Certified Coffee Service franchise. These endeavors were driven in part by necessity, but also by Bob’s ability to fearlessly throw himself into new things.
> When he was in his sixties, starting in 1991, Bob and Sandy had the adventure of their lives, teaching overseas for five years in Saudi Arabia followed by two years in the Dominican Republic. They used their vacation time to travel around the world, seeing all the places that Bob had been teaching about in his social studies courses.
>  Returning to Cape Cod, Bob tried to retire, only to then get certified as a Master Gardener and have a 15-year career working at Agway. His new job allowed him to return home with a steady stream of new plants, trees and flowers to add to his beautiful, sprawling garden, which was his pride and joy.
> He was always present in the moment. He enjoyed being around people and loved having a good time. If a phrase of conversation matched the lyrics of a tune from the 1940s or 1950s, Bob would break into song.
> He was a man of great authenticity, who was easy-going, attentive, non-judgmental, supportive and always eager to lend a hand whether it was to help a friend, volunteer to maintain the gardens of the Eastham Methodist Church or go miles out of his way, while returning home from Agway, to personally deliver extra plants that didn’t fit into the car of one of his customers. For him, generosity was an instinct and deep philosophy.
> He always rooted for the underdog. As a sports fan, he preferred games in which the final score was close and cheered for the upset victory. In life, he believed in fairness, common decency, sharing the wealth, making everyone feel included, and taking care of the underprivileged.
> His life was full and well lived. He was grateful for all the experiences he had. He sometimes said that if he could do it all over again, he would have had even more fun in life. That was him – always eager for another adventure.
> Bob leaves behind his wife of 62 years, Sandy; his son Tom McLuckie and his wife Jane; his daughter Lynne Delaney and her husband Josh; and his three grandchildren, Andrew, Katie and Grace McLuckie.
> In lieu of flowers, donations in Bob’s memory may be made to The Children’s Home Society of New Jersey, Perkins School for the Blind, Lower Cape Outreach Council or the Eastham Methodist Church.

Condolences to:

The Robert Mcluckie Family
PO Box 693
Eastham
MA 02642-0693
508-255-3585

*Note from Bob Fisher:  We spoke with Bob Mcluckie just before our 50th reunion, and he couldn’t come because that weekend was  scheduled for his birthday party at his home on the extreme tip of Cape Cod.  After that birthday party, he sent photos which I show below.  In attendance you will see Bob Mcluckie, David Townsend (60), Dave Salerno (60), Bill Burley (59), and spouses.

>> Greetings!!!
>> I trust you and the rest of the RD Class of ‘61 had a momentous reunion and celebration.  Thanks for allowing me to be a part of it all.  I’m forwarding photos of our party here on the Cape.
>> Karen Anderson sent me a birthday card.  She also asked me to  say”hello” to Dave Salerno.  I would like to thank her for the birthday greeting and send along the photos of Dave and the group, but do not have her address in Jacksonville or her e-mail address.  Would you send me one or the other or both?  Your next reunion will be here before you know it!!!
>>
>> Bob McLuckie

≈≈≈≈ANNOUNCEMENT #2 Your newest Class of 1961 Directory is enclosed as an attachment.    ≈≈≈≈

For those of you who think I send the directory too often, just don’t print it out.

≈≈≈≈ANNOUNCEMENT #3 Please update your contact information  ≈≈≈≈

Send by e-mail to Bob Fisher if you can, and by US postage if you can’t.  If using US Postage, please note that I have moved a few hundred yards.  The enclosed directory correctly gives my new address, and here it is below:

Bob Fisher, 2805 Plaza Verde, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507- 6514

≈≈≈≈To be removed from Bob Fisher’s RDHS Class of 1961 e-mailing list ≈≈≈≈
You are being sent this announcement e-mail because you asked to be on my (Bob Fisher's) e-mailing list for news regarding news of the RDHS class of 1961.  To stop receiving these e-mails, just e-mail  rafisher7399 at icloud.com  and enter the word "Remove" in the subject line.