[Volunteers_fosm] Continue thinning at Cedro CFRP S of FR-242, Wed., June 26

DAN BENTON via Volunteers_fosm volunteers_fosm at mailman.swcp.com
Sun Jun 23 14:17:59 MDT 2019

Hello Everyone,

On Wednesday, June 26, FOSM volunteers will return to the Cedro CFRP area south of FR-242 to continue work on the 12 acres that FOSM committed to thin in FY2019. We will be working in the area located south of the old fence. This area has several dense groves of pinon and one-seed juniper as well as numerous, scattered individual trees in meadows.

On the attached satellite photos, we will be working just north of the white line where there are four dense groves of trees and numerous scattered trees the meadows.

Meet at 8:00 AM at the FOSM Guard Station behind the Sandia District Ranger Station.

Wear long pants, long sleeve shirts, and sturdy boots with slip-resistant soles. Bring work gloves and hard hats. If you do not have a hard hat, one will be provided. Sawyers are required to also wear 8-inch high boots and chaps. Bring eye and ear protection. Swampers working near saws are also required to wear chaps. Bring lunch, snacks, and drinks.

Please park in the north front parking lot in front of the Ranger Station so that there will be more parking space for SRD seasonal employees and fire fighters near the FOSM Guard Station. We will have the JHA in the front parking lot.

If you have questions, please email me at samgbeard at msn.com.

Sam Beard, Projects Chair

Friends of the Sandia Mountains