[Volunteers_fosm] Reminder - FOSM Program - May 4, 7 PM, Our 2nd Zoom Meeting

Joseph C. Giles cliffgiles at mac.com
Tue Apr 27 19:12:58 MDT 2021

We are honored to have Crystal Powell, District Ranger for the Sandia Ranger District, as the featured speaker for our 2nd 2021 meeting. I’m sure you will want to hear her exciting plans for our mountains.

TITLE OF PROGRAM – “Looking Back and Moving Forward: A pandemic, drought and continuing our work”

BRIEF ABSTRACT OF PRESENTATION – How we managed the challenges and successes the District experienced during a year of COVID, how we are moving forward managing through a pandemic, fire season outlook, what we have been working on and what we are planning for the near future.

BRIEF BIO – Crystal Powell, the District Ranger at Sandia since 2016, has 21 years of service with the USDA Forest Service.  Until the past few years as the District Ranger, her career has focused on her passion of recreation and public information management.  She has worked in 4 of the 9 Forest Service Regions, on 6 National Forests, in 5 states from the east to the west at the District and Forest Supervisor’ Office levels as well as on a National Recreation Area. Until 2015, Crystal also served in a logistical role to a Type 1 National Incident Management Team, which is an all-hazard team essential in management of, and response to local/regional/national emergencies, natural disasters and public events.  Originally from the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Area — and a Steelers and Penguins fan!!!  — she graduated with a degree in Parks and Recreation Management from Slippery Rock University – yes it is a real school!  Her children are four-legged and fuzzy rescues, my dogs Bella, 16; Dolly 10; Corben, 6; Opal, 4 months. Warning – she  can talk dogs for hours!

ZOOM LINK –

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87178620514?pwd=eEtsdFFEQVMzb0doNWxYdkpiOVNYQT09 <https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87178620514?pwd=eEtsdFFEQVMzb0doNWxYdkpiOVNYQT09>
Meeting ID: 871 7862 0514
Passcode: 905872

Dial-in (Not toll-free) 346-248-7799 (Houston)

PLEASE JOIN IN A FEW MINUTES BEFORE 7 PM!

ANOTHER REMINDER — You don’t have to find this email to join the meeting next week. Mike Coltrin has the original announcement, including the Zoom URL, posted on the FOSM website under the Current Events tab. Just Google Friends of the Sandia Mountains if you can’t remember where you saved this message or don’t have the website bookmarked.