[Volunteers_fosm] He's Off!

Joseph C. Giles cliffgiles at mac.com
Fri May 13 22:15:05 MDT 2022

Matt Thompson began his arduous Watermelon 100 run on schedule at 8:00 PM this evening at the base of the Tram. I’ve posted a couple of maps to track his progress as well as a short video clip and some photos here <https://friendsofthesandias.org/watermelon-100-project-progress/>. I’ll update the map with his progress throughout the weekend. Matt is carrying a so-far impressive SatCom unit. If you want to track him in near real time, you can click here <https://share.garmin.com/flyby?fbclid=IwAR00A5OlXLz7IQhQIOWzMDCPk9AkB3VShY1hfWQREQQX1bGL8MpB6Gp0GSA>.

Thanks to Matt, our fund raising campaign has reached $6,405! KOB TV interviewed Matt before the start of his run so we could see many more donations as the weekend proceeds.

Good luck, Matt. I’ll see you at Chimney Canyon TH Saturday morning.

Cliff