[LWVNM Action] Early filed legislation

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Thu Jan 6 12:34:36 MST 2022

We have a position on open primaries (second line of the PDF).

Does our SNF position not cover the nuclear waste storage
prohibition bill lower on p. 1?

I think our broadband position would cover the broadband utility
easement bill on p. 2.

I was surprised we didn't have state positions related to the
appropriations on p. 2 for food banks, domestic violence shelters,
homeless shelters and senior supplemental nutrition. Are there any
national positions regarding those issues?

I agree that the PDF is very hard to track. They're actually on the
legislative website (the link at the end of every line) but I don't
see a way on nmlegis.gov to search for prefiled bills.
The House is apparently already filing real bills, with numbers:
https://www.nmlegis.gov/Legislation/Legislation_List
so there's no reason the Senate couldn't.

Do we know yet what's on the Governor's call?

        ...Akkana