[NMCycling] Fwd: Las Campanas Santa Fe Circuit Race

Charlie Drysdale via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Aug 6 17:38:30 MDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Drysdale via Bike-racers <bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com>
To: bike-racers <bike-racers at swcp.com>
Sent: Wed, Jul 30, 2014 6:17 am
Subject: Re: [NMCycling] Las Campanas Santa Fe Circuit Race

Hey Bike racers!!!

     The first annual Las Campanas Santa Fe Circuit race is coming up in 3 days! As stated on the flyer in the attachment above, registration is only $45.00 until Thursday August 7th , which is this tomorrow!  Which is the final day to register online, and $55.00 up until race day. If you're going for points in the NMRS series, our race will be double points!! Pre registration is at: newmexicosportsonline.com. The third attachment above shows where the Hub is and Caja Del Rio rd.

     We will be dedicating our first annual circuit race in memory of Herb Schon who passed away recently. Herb was a dedicated cyclist and inspiration to all who knew him, at age 75 Herb rode from California to New Hampshire, and from Oregon to Southern California at age 80. At 77 he was struck by a car while cycling in Albuquerque, and a year later he suffered multiple broken bones and skull fractures after a high speed bike crash in Los Alamos. In both cases he was back on his bike within months!

     You can pre-ride the race coarse any time you wish. The coarse is not part of the Golf maintenance facility, only the area for the race parking and the building where restrooms are is part of the Golf maintenance facility, both of which will be available on race day.

      The race coarse road itself circles the golf coarse and various smaller subdivisions of Las Campanas.  The race coarse road is open to normal vehicle traffic just as it will be on race day, the traffic is very light especially on the North side past the "Hub" where the race start will be, the "Hub" is located across the road from the water treatment facility.

      As posted on the coarse map you'll se where the start and finish are, take note, when you do your pre ride, you'll see a group of mail boxes on the left, that is roughly where the finish will be, just beyond the finish you'll cross over the bridge heading South downhill, stay left after you cross over the bridge, you may have to yield to traffic as you make the 180 degree turn onto Las Campanas drive, this area will be marshaled by the sheriffs Dept & coarse marshals and coned on race day.

       Study the map intersection and you'll understand what I'm talking about. The road is very smooth and clean, there are manholes which aren't a hazard at all, but take notice, we will chalk them for the race and advise all race categories before their start, just to be aware. Any questions just let me know!!

Remember the Men Cat. 5's and the women Cat. 4's & Juniors 16 & under* will be 3 laps = 32.25 miles.

Thanks, Charlie D.