[NMCycling] Tour of the Rio Grande Valley, Sunday Sept 14

Eugene Dougherty via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Aug 14 09:53:18 MDT 2014

The Tour of the Rio Grande Valley is Sunday Sept 14 and starts in
Albuquerque.  Its flat and fast, so it is ideal for both beginners going
 long and experienced riders looking for a fast Century.  It will my the
 first century ride for my 12 & 13 year old kids (under their own
power that is) and is a fund raiser for the Bicycle Coalition of New
Mexico.  We all benefit from the efforts of the BCNM when we ride
the roads in New Mexico, and participating in this event will help
support the BCNM so get registered and ready for a classic New Mexico
event:

Only 4 weeks until the Tour of the Rio Grande Valley on Sunday Sept
14th!  Register online at www.torgv.com before Sept 3rd and avoid the
late fee and check out the custom Voler bike jersey option.

The TORGV was started by the Albuquerque Wheelmen in the 1970’s and ran
for over 20 years. At its height, TORGV attracted thousands of riders
and was the premier bicycle tour in New Mexico. BCNM was proud to bring
back the ride in 2011 and is continuing the event in 2014.

TORGV 2014
takes riders on scenic flat roads through the Rio Grande Valley. The
longer routes pass through Isleta, Los Lunas, Belen and return to Los
Ranchos.

Money raised will fund BCNM staff and its successful bicycle
education, promotion, and advocacy programs.  Do you like the Tramway
pavement resurfacing running to the shoulder's edge instead of leaving
an unpredictable pavement lip in the middle of the shoulder?  How about
Police Chiefs encouraging their officers to stand up for the rights and
safety of bicyclists, or federal funding for bike lanes?  These goals
are all actively pursued by the BCNM and your participation in the TORGV
 raises funds used to help bring about better and safer cycling in New
Mexico.

Registration includes the ride on Sunday with maps, rest stops, sag
support, TORGV T-shirt and other goodies. You may register online till
the 12th of Sept. Riders are welcome to register day of event (cash
& check only). Please choose routes and distances within your
capabilities and be prepared to make minor repairs.  Returning riders,
be advised that TORGV is the same route, same time as in recent previous
 years.

See you in four weeks!

Bicycle Coalition of New Mexico