[NMCycling] Stupid Question

Cliff Loucks via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Aug 26 23:20:47 MDT 2014

Keep the snake calm too.  No, I’m not joking.

Venom delivery is proportional to the threat level the snake perceives.  If you are, say, just strolling past a pit-viper that’s also slithering casually by at the time and you happen to step on it; it’s gonna take offense and strike and deliver some venom.  But the dose is less than if you were tormenting it as you might if you, let’s say, mistook it’s slithering and pictured your ex-spouse, and...well, you get the picture.

OK, I am joking, except for the proportional venom thing - that part is true.  It’s just the hardest thing to prove in divorce court.

Now back to your regularly scheduled slithering,

-—Cliff

P.S. Don’t overlook (again) those helpful links appended to each and every posting through this email list in case you panic and want to bail out.