[NMCycling] Paradise Boulevard Trail Construction

Nolan Bennett via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Dec 5 07:55:45 MST 2014

Bernalillo County's construction on the Paradise Boulevard Trail has started. This project consists of a combination of upgrading existing trails and constructing new sections of trail to create a contiguous multi-use trail along Paradise Hills Blvd. from west of Unser Blvd. to Golf Course Rd.

We ask if you are using the existing trail or the bike lanes on Paradise that you use caution and slow down. While the contractor is building the trail and the ADA compliant ramps at intersections, the trail will be diverted into the west bound bike lane. Users of the west bound bike lane have the choice to slow down and enter the two-way multi-use path (located in the bike lane) or to take the travel lane.

Construction is planned to be complete in March 2015 but we will be opening up the completed segments are they are completed. Please let me or the project engineer, Frank Williams - 848-1572, know if you have any questions.

Thanks

--
Nolan Bennett, P.E.
Construction & Engineering Manager