[NMCycling] Go Lobos

Chad Patterson via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Dec 19 13:19:22 MST 2014

Hello to you all!  Chad Patterson here.

We've got a kid flying in from Austria to attend UNM (and race, of course). He gets in on Jan. 6, a Tuesday, but the dorms don't open until Jan. 8, a Thursday. Would someone on this list be able to provide a couple of nights' hospitality?

AND IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:

Doug "the Destroyer" Torres is the 2014 Southwest Conference cyclocross champion for yoooooour New Mexico Lobos!

Tizzy DeHorney also went undefeated at the varsity level. I think she lapped the collegiate field and beat all of the single speed guys both days last weekend at conference championships in Tucson.

Your New Mexico Lobos earned second place overall as a team to go with our 3rd place from mountain bike season earlier this semester.

Tizzy and Doug will be at cyclocross national championships in Austin, TX, in just 3 weeks, representing our city, our state, and the U. of New Mexico!

With Tizzy's 4 victories, Doug's 3, plus Zach Breshears win at the Gallup Screamer MTB race, that's 8 wins for your New Mexico Lobos.  Compared to a grand total of just 15 finishes last fall, this group of kids has a lot to be proud of. The Lobos have more than doubled their participation from last season. We couldn't have done it without support from the community including but not limited to Hawke Morgan, Stephen Williamson, Daryl and Antonia DeHorney, Thomas Jones, Chris and Brandi Hibner-Hereford, Polly Padilla and Women Riding Well, Terry Casey, Jerry Shere and Bart Bowen. Thank you all very much.

Road season begins the last weekend of January at Tucson. Our team continues to grow and the riders keep getting faster and faster. A major objective this season is to pay all of the entry fees for our conference and national championship collegiate races. Without your help, we may not be able to achieve that. A few generous patrons  including the Lobo alum and godfather of NM triathlon, T. Clay Moseley, have covered everything from the fall semester, but you can make a difference this spring as we hit the road AND embrace BMX!  About $250 covers one rider for the entire spring campaign. Your TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation can be made out to the UNM Foundation.  For more details, contact me at thechadisgreat at yahoo.com

Go Lobos!

Sent from my iPhone