[NMCycling] Saturday's big ride!

Jennifer Buntz via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Jul 3 08:34:15 MDT 2014

One last email ahead of Saturday's Gran Fondo: Taos, Mora, Angel Fire.

Making a last minute decision to join us is no problem.  No late fee!!
Registration/number pick-up is Friday 4-7 pm and Saturday morning 6-6:30
am.  All at the start/finish, the Youth and Family Center
<http://www.taosyouth.com/tyfc_location.html>.

There are three distances: 46 miles with about 2,500' of climbing, 65 miles
with around 4,000' of climbing and 105 miles with approximately 6,400' feet
of climbing.

For some, Gran Fondo's are confusing events.  There are some of you who
will ride for time (Steve and I will be the official timers this year).
 Others ride for fun.

No matter your personal approach, there are 5 rest stops that will have
Gatoraid, water, Nature's Bakery fig/blueberry/raspberry bars, Goldfish,
Trailmix, Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies, bananas and oranges.  Gluten
intolerant or people with other dietary restrictions should bring their own
food, otherwise, we are trying to have plenty for everyone!

There will be refreshments at the finish as well as a post ride party at Taos
Mesa Brewing <http://www.taosmesabrewing.com/>.  There are t-shirts for all
participants, plus a raffle prize drawing during the post ride event.

Call me if you need anything else!!

Jennifer
505-306-1443