[NMCycling] Bosque Trail connection to Woodward/2nd Street

Nolan Bennett via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Jul 8 08:29:13 MDT 2014

The new multi-use trail connection from the Bosque Trail east to the  Woodward/2nd Street intersection is now open. Please be advised that there will be some minor additional work to the bridge over the Barr Canal so be careful when riding through the connection.

The County's current plan is to have the connection lead to a bicycle crossing over I-25 on a new section of Sunport Boulevard. The Sunport Extension Project will build the 4th leg of the I-25/Sunport interchange and build Sunport Boulevard west to Broadway. In addition, the project will restripe the existing bridge over I-25 and look at connecting to the existing sidewalk east of the interchange. The City of Albuquerque currently has proposed bike lanes for their portion of Sunport Boulevard east of I-25.

The Sunport Extension Project's environmental review has been ongoing for several years based on a number of factors. If you would like to find out how to provide input on the project, please go the project's website (http://www.bernco.gov/sunport). Also, you can contact the project's engineer, Rodrigo Eichwald (848-1574, rleichwald at bernco.gov<mailto:rleichwald at bernco.gov>) or myself.

--
Nolan Bennett, P.E.
Construction & Engineering Manager