[NMCycling] Youth Cycling Team starting in Gallup - Needs a Hand

Lindsay Mapes via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sun Jul 27 18:32:08 MDT 2014

Hi Cyclists,

I'd like to pass along a noble cause. My friend, Russ, counsels youth in
Gallup and is a pretty rad cyclist. He's had a dream of starting a cycling
team his whole life, and although underprivileged teens may not have been
part of that original idea, he's giving it a go. He needs help on two
fronts:

1. cold, hard cash - he's already raised over $1,000 to purchase bikes and
kits for these kids, and has a grant to cover most of the rest of the
expenses, just needs a few hundred more on kickstarter (see link below).

2. a manufacturer or bike shop or team or something to hook him up with
pricing on bikes.

I think it's pretty inspiring what Russ is doing. I hope you have a chance
to at least read the full schpeil on the dream team:

Gallup's Dream Cycling Team
<https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/248631452/mountain-bike-racing-team-for-underprivileged-teen>

Thanks for reading this far.
Lindsay

*Lindsay Mapes* | Directora
*Zia Rides* | Website <http://www.ZiaRides.com> | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/ZiaRides>
P.O. Box 1197 Gallup, NM 87305 | 505-863-4228