[NMCycling] XTERRA Glorieta (this August!)

Clay Moseley via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Jun 9 10:53:14 MDT 2014

I was talking to Jan and Kim Bear yesterday at the Oso High XC in Angel
Fire, and they said that they're working out the final details of a new
XTERRA (off-road triathlon) event at the Glorieta Conference Center
<http://www.glorieta.com/> east of Santa Fe on *August 9*.  The Glorieta
Conference Center is a pretty cool place with all kinds of outdoor
facilities and camps, etc.  They also have some fun trails and are pretty
excited to be able to host this event.

Jan and Kim said that they are adding some fun elements to this one, like
some sort of fun water feature at the end of the run (slip and slide?) and
it will be a fun venue for families, etc.  More details to come as they
finalize the plans.  I'll send more out as I get the information, and I'm
sure they'll be sending out information soon as well.  I just wanted to
help them distribute the information early, as I know how scheduling can be
for everyone.

Like them, I was pretty bummed about the cancellation of the XTERRA Four
Corners, and the loss of the XTERRA Dread Mon at Elephant Butte, so this
will be a great replacement.  We just need to get people to register and
come out.  These are a lot of fun and lend themselves to fun team events as
well.

For those of you familiar with XTERRA events, you'll be interested to know
that the Glorieta Conference Center is the same organization as the Camp
Eagle venue in Texas
<http://www.racerevolutions.com/events/xterra-off-road-triathlons/32214-xterra-camp-eagle-off-road-triathlon>
-- scroll down to see the scroll-able pictures of that event, which is very
cool and pretty tough, with some interesting features in the swim and a
very challenging mountain bike trail system.