[NMCycling] Gran Fondo: Taos, Mora, Angel Fire

Jennifer Buntz via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Jun 9 14:13:43 MDT 2014

Riders,
I should have remembered to include some additional information about the
event.

First, anyone can ride.

If you have a USAC license, great!  If not, there is an additional $10
charge (insurance).

If you want to mail me a release and not sign up online, that's fine too.
 1309 Arizona St NE 87110
105 miles is $85.00 (~6400 feet of climbing)
65 miles is $75.00
46 miles is $30.00
Please do add in the extra $10 if you are not licensed already.
Postmarked by June 28, 2014.
Checks to Taos Sports Alliance.

The event is timed and not a race!  People are free to choose how they ride
the event.  It is a challenging ride, so finishing is the accomplishment
some are looking for.  Others are after personal or Strava bests.  My first
choice would be to plan to ride with a few people you know that ride a
similar speed.  Although there is a lot of climbing, there are other
stretches where drafting and sharing the work are definitely the way to go.
 Bottom line, your choice!

Door prizes will be given out at the party following, at Taos Mesa Brewing.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion, but I'll gladly do my best to
answer other questions.

Thanks,
Jennifer