[NMCycling] Cyclist hit-and-run by truck in Tiejeras Canyon

Craig Denman via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Jun 11 10:34:10 MDT 2014

I just saw an article in the Albuq. Journal that says that a cyclist was hit about 7pm (yesterday).

If anyone knows who it was (or other details) could they post here?

Can we start a list of "close call offenders" with the auto description and license when possible?  Would that help?  Or a series of web cams along the road through the canyon?  Signs (more of them) along road to remind drivers to watch for cyclists?

This might be a topic that could have some constructive discussion.

My calls to get the road swept after the winter has mostly gone by without action -- they return my call (or email), but tell me that they only sweep once or so a year.  I have stopped in the canyon to speak with the highway patrol -- they usually have a presence in the canyon -- they have indicated that if I had a license they would look up the vehicle and visit the owner (assuming they live in east mountains) to discuss any accusations with them personally.

Craig Denman