[NMCycling] OSO High Enduro (NMEC Race #1), XC, and Charitable results

Damian C via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Jun 17 16:49:46 MDT 2014

Riders/Racers/Supporters,
Well the results are all in and what a great weekend of racing in Angel
Fire.

The kickoff race of the *New Mexico Enduro Cup* beat our expectations with
88 racers making multiple lift-assisted runs down Angel Fire Bike Park.
With only one orthopedic injury to count for I was personally glad to see
so many XC racers making the leap into this fresh and fun discipline of our
sport with minimal injuries and some great results. Angle Fire trails are
LEGIT and some racers even conquered them on hardtail 29'rs!!
Full results can be found on *www.NMEnduroCup.com
<http://www.NMEnduroCup.com>* along with the schedule for the next races.

*Pics* can be seen on our facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/mountaintopcycling/timeline
Also pro photographer Atmosphere photos took pics of all the racers
>>Here is the info: website: http://www.angelfirephotos.com
They can select the race date (06/07/2014) and the location "Race" and hit
search, that will display all photos that we have from the race (Stage 1
only).
Or if you can embedded the link below on your email, which goes directly to
the race photos:
Click here to view your race photos!
<http://www.angelfirephotos.com/go.php?link=GjLrqRBEFKReZE2nZwmrjqGTr6LEqmyE9AvekCf2jPtspyC5x5AB6N58VHJXVwZC4UxBHEWsheZSrauhSq4h6ab8FAc4tVJpafgzx2xhR2WjcHSPSuXTUkDq2sNKycrZxW6aJESR3yd5Mpgx9JFzAD>

Next up is the* Los Alamos Rock 'n Roll EnduroFest *on Pajarito mountain.
This exhibition stop will allow us to preview potential trails to be used
next years competitive race, and it promises to be a ripping fun day and
weekend festival. Check out www.LosAlamosEnduroFest.com

The *OSO High XC* went off almost without a hitch, but there were some
trail markings that we addressed during the race. Sorry to all the handful
of racers who logged extra miles or got lost on course. We've already
addressed it as a team and it won't happen again.
With that said it was a really fun event with 70+ racers making their way
to the cool high mountains for a race that does much to raise awareness and
funds to bite back at ALS.
The results (with times) can be found on the same link as above
*www.NMEnduroCup.com
<http://www.NMEnduroCup.com>*

The *ALS Association* charitable component of the weekend was a substantial
amount of funds raised by Doug Schneebeck, his crew ($44,000 in total!!!)
of which the XC entry fees donated were $3,297. Doug and his family are
great and they inspire us with their determination to make it better for
the next person diagnosed with this mf'n cs'n disease.* www.OSOHIGH.com
<http://www.OSOHIGH.com>*

Ride on.

--