[NMCycling] Valles Caldera XC Mtn Bike Race

FRANK REEVES via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Jun 26 12:45:40 MDT 2014

Greetings; My name is Frank Reeves, Patrol Director of the Pajarito Mountain
Bicycle Patrol.  We planning/promoting a cross country mountain bike race on
the Valles Caldera National Preserve,  30 miles west of Los Alamos.  It is
called the 1st Annual Valles Caldera PyroClassic, to be held on August 3rd.
We want to get the word out to mtn bikers throughout NM.  This will  the first ever
Mountain bike race on the Valles Caldera National Preserve.  Come race/ride in the stunning scenery of the VCNP.   It
will be a USA Cycling permitted race and part of the New Mexico Off Road
Mountain Bike racing series.

The race is being promoted jointly by the Pajarito Mountain Bike Patrol (an
official patrol group of the International Mountain Biking Association) and
the Los Amigos de Valles Caldera ( the non-profit advocacy group for the
Valles Caldera National Preserve).  Any proceeds remaining after race
expenses will benefit the PM Bike Patrol and Los Amigos de Valles Caldera. We plan on giving Cash Prizes for Pro, SS, and overall Cat1 top 3 finishers (M&F).  Cat2-3/age classes will receive medals, 3 deep. Other prizes/swag to be given out.  Cash Purse dependent on registration pool size.  Camping will be available at the race staging area.  See NM Sports on-line for more details (link below) Sunday's race will be final event of Los Alamos Rock N Roll Enduro & Mtn Bike Festival Week-end.  Come for the whole week-end! (http://losalamosendurofest.com/)
More information including course maps and event registration can be found at
https://www.newmexicosportsonline.com/events/details.aspx?id=722.  We continue to seek business sponsors. If you know of any businesses interested in supporting us please direct them my way.  Thanks