[NMCycling] Road tubeless

M. John Jordan via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Jun 27 14:16:38 MDT 2014

Interesting discussion!  I have been running tubeless on my MTB for about 8 years so I am very familiar with the various issues there, but I am wanting to try tubeless for road.  I am running Mavic SSL's for wheels and, while the rims are not drilled except for the air valve hole which would make them ideal for tubeless, I have heard that the Mavics don't have enough of a "keeper" lip on the inside of the braking surface to safely hold onto a tubeless road tire.  Does anyone out there have some insights to my particular situation?

Cheers,

John Jordan

M. John Jordan (mjohnjordan at yahoo.com)