[NMCycling] Don't get taken by the Active.com scam

John Vance via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sat May 10 15:27:15 MDT 2014

Active.com enrolled me in their "Advantage" program with automatic billing
without my knowledge when I signed up for the Gran Fondo.  Their message
informing me went into my spam folder.  You can unenroll from automatic
billing but they make it a pain in the ass.  I half expect they're going to
charge me $65 anyway, forcing me to call my credit card company.

This is a pretty shady business practice in my opinion.  I hope local
organizers will keep this in mind when choosing online registration
providers.

John Vance