[NMCycling] NMCX Schedule and the Old Fashioned Series

Hawke Morgan via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sat Nov 8 22:07:02 MST 2014

Bike-racers et all,

I was thinking of moving the 11-30 Old Fashioned CX (at Capulin Picnic
Area) to 11-16 since the Rio Rancho CX race got canceled, however, I am
not certain I will be able to get the Capulin course set up by 11-16
because of work commitments. Since there will already be a Mesa Del Sol
race on the 11-22 weekend, I think it would be best to leave the Old
Fashioned Series cyclocross on 11-30 unchanged, and have two weekends
with cyclocrosses rather than have two on one weekend and then nothing
the next weekend.

So just to be clear: 11-16 nothing (but there is a CX race in Aztec
11-15) 11-22 MDS NMCX series race 11-30 Capulin CX

Also, Antonia mentioned getting a race "permitted". Capulin is an
informal cyclocross, and though it will be a super cool old school
cyclocross, it will not be permitted by USAC this year.

Have a nice evening,

Hawke

Hawke Morgan Round About Co. 4214 Mesa Grande Pl SE Albuquerque, NM
87108
(505) 259-6885 hm at ftml.net

----- Original message ----- From: "Antonia DeHorney via
Bike-racers" <bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com> To: bike-racers at swcp.com
Subject: [NMCycling] Change in NM CX Schedule Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014
11:31:32 -0700

NMSU will not be able to hold their annual cross weekend in November.
Active Knowledge has kindly agreed to promote an 11/22 series race at
Mesa Del Sol. We had some great feedback on his last course. Stephen
(race director) has plenty of alternative courses already designed and
is taking into consideration everyone's feedback from his earlier race.
Thank you Stephen for your support.

Hawke Morgan will be trying to permit 2 additional Good Old Fashioned
cross races on 11/16 and 11/23 to keep everyone's legs spinning.

We would like to thank all the Racers, Race Directors and Volunteers
for helping create this awesome series - it would not happen if it was
not for them.

--
Antonia DeHorney D.A.S.H.

Development of Athletics and Social Health