[NMCycling] I-25/Rio Bravo redesign

Doug Stiebler via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Nov 17 18:24:31 MST 2014

The redesign of the interchange at I-25 and Rio Bravo is in the planning
stage.  There will be a presentation by the engineering firm URS and NMDOT,
for the purpose of gathering public comment concerning the redesign of the
intersection.  The project will connect with the City of Albuquerque
University Blvd. project.

Time: 6:00 PM

Date: Tuesday, November 18 (tomorrow) at the Mountain View community Center,
201 Prosperity SE, 87105.

At this stage, the overall concept will be presented so the public (local
community and other interested parties) can make comments.

No specifics for bicycle movement will be presented; however, it is
important for bicyclists to attend.  A large contingent of bicyclists will
demonstrate the importance to bicyclists of safe passage through this
intersection and preclude a boondoggle like the I-25 & Paseo del Norte
design that makes bicycle travel through the interchange difficult and
dangerous.

Attendance by a large contingent of bicyclists will send the message that
safe bicycle travel through this intersection is important to bicyclists and
bicyclists' needs must be a priority.

Pass this information on to any bicycle groups or individuals who may not be
reached through the above addressees.