[NMCycling] Santa Fe Cross Practice Tuesday 10/21/14 & UPDATES!

Sam Rynas via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Oct 20 12:36:02 MDT 2014

As of right now... Practice is tentatively on.  Im seeing a 40% chance of
rain, and while it would call for a great cross practice Im sure the City
would not be happy if we tore up the grass.  Again if we are on for
practice, bring a light.

Ill email out tomorrow to confirm for sure, or you can just use the "its
raining = cancelled" judgment.

*Recap of last week:*  Did sprint drills into tight corners, solo and in
pairs working on passing and cornering technique, did fatigued barrier
drills (did dismount -> carry -> remount drills into barriers).  Ill think
of some even better drills for tomorrows practice... :)... after the
Glorietta race maybe hill repeats with a mid hill dismount are in order.
*Some updates for the Practice*:  Park is practicable in the dark, but a
few of us are toying with other possible locations, options include Ft.
Marcy (Lots of foot traffic, onsite management means people might get
upset, not much better lighting, park is more sectioned off limiting ride
areas), or the sports complex on the south end of town by the animal
shelter ( big open fields, but if I remember correctly cow pies... lots of
them..., possible lighting as well, but haven't been there at night.)
Suggestions?  Opinions?

--
Samantha Rynas
(252) 269-0957 (C)