[NMCycling] I just bounced Dan Kelly off the list again

Cliff Loucks via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Oct 27 07:52:49 MDT 2014

Sorry folks, I don’t know what to do about the spam that continues to get through the list.  This is the second one recently from Dan’s account.  Dan certainly did not send it; rather, his AOL account was compromised.  After the first time, I bounced him and contacted him to change his password.  He did and then I put him back on the list.  Now it’s happened again.  This is like the third AOL account I’ve seen with this issue.  I's mostly been yahoo and hotmail type accounts.

At least it’s easy to recognize the spam.  Since I run MacOS and not Windows I’m not particularly afraid to open the links.  They’ve been links to Dr. Oz type weight loss schemes.  I’ll talk with the admin staff at SWCP to see if they can set up any filtering to catch this stuff.

—-Cliff

Ah, October.  The time of year when cyclists everywhere think
about getting started on those summer projects around the house.

Cliff Loucks
Albuquerque, New Mexico
at work: 505-844-9098
at play: 505-604-1254