[NMCycling] TORGV start and details

Diane Albert via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Sep 3 12:22:18 MDT 2014

Yes, TORGV start will be at 7 am Sept. 14, this year we have TWO motorcycle escorts, one for first wave of fastest riders and 2nd for second wave of fastest riders.  Timothy and Bill will watch out for your safety.

I have hired a sheriff on overtime patrol on the Bernalillo County portion – we have a detour mandated by our friends at NMDOT due to construction at Isleta / Rio Bravo.  I’ve contacted the Los Lunas police and the Belen police – they will be looking out for the riders.

The TORGV is now 99.8 miles, very close to 100.

We have 3 SAGS and an EMT in separate vehicles on the route at all times, also the HAM radio guys.  Same rest stops, except Belen is on the SW corner of NM 309 and Jarales (next to NAPA), not the NW corner (Thrift store burned down).

We’ll have a human stationed on 314 south of Las Lunas to make sure that nobody misses that left turn to get on Gabaldon and points south.

FREE food and massages at end of TORGV at Los Ranchos Village Hall.

Marble Brewery will offer $1 off a beer with presentation of TORGV bib number on Sept. 14. There will be a band there after 3pm.

We are on twitter (Bike_New_Mexico) and Facebook, also will be e-mailing everyone signed up with up to the minute details regarding TORGV (like last year when it poured rain the day before!).

Registration increases to $75 at midnight Wednesday (tonight).  Check out the optional Voler jersey – no commercial logos on the jersey, just BCNM and TORGV stuff.

Thanks for riding. Your registration fees are 100% used for advocacy work, costs of the ride, and your swag and food.  The BCNM Board members are entirely volunteers.

Regards,

Diane

Diane E. Albert, PhD

Vice-President and Board Member, Bicycle Coalition of New Mexico (BCNM)

League of American Bicyclists LCI #2292

Greater Albuquerque Bicyclists Advisory Committee member

League of American Bicyclists National Board Member

P.O. Box 30548

Albuquerque, NM 87190-0548

505.235.2277

 <http://www.bikenm.org/> www.BikeNM.org