[NMCycling] Tuesday CX 9-23&30

Hawke Morgan via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sat Sep 13 22:16:25 MDT 2014

Next Tuesday, 9-23, and the following Tuesday 9-30, the TNCX will be up at Capulin Picnic Area in the Sandias.  This Tuesday it will be down in the bosque.

TNCX CAPULIN

9-22 6:30PM sharp, 9-30 6:15PM sharp. I am trying to do this as late as possible, so that folks can make it out, but we will start pretty much on time. If you are late just jump in as we come around.

Directions: Capulin Picnic area is a little over a mile past the Sandia Peak Ski area heading up on NM 536 heading up towards Sandia Peak. Take I-40 east from Albuquerque to the Tijeras exit, the road will "Y" right off the exit. Go left, which will come to a stoplight and become NM14 north. The speed limit around the stoplight is 30mph and it is a popular radar trap area. Continue on north 14 about 5.5mi to NM536. Go left and up maybe another 6mi to the course. Practice is free, but it costs $3 to park. If you do not pay you risk a $75 parking ticket from USFS. I realize it is kind of a long drive for a Tuesday nighter, but it is beautiful up there, you are almost guaranteed chilly cross like weather, and you get to preview for the Old Fashioned CX Series on the same coruse on tentatively set for 11-2.

NOTE: Course is old school, hilly, challenging, with a little single track. I suggest an 11-28 cassette, 33mm or 34mm knobby tires and non-carbon rims. We took out the long singletrack descent from last year, so it will be less technical than it was. We will go down the paved descent and up a steep freeride trail, which will be a pretty seroius runup. There are is still one slightly rocky uphill section, but most of the course is pretty smooth and free of rocks. They are going to let us mow part of the sledding area, so we will have a little ungroomed grass.

NOTE ALSO: I might be pretty chilly up there, despite it being hot down here in Burque, so bring some tights and arm warmers.

This info is duplicated at bcdracing.com/cycling and there is a printable .doc flyer.

Toodle pip,

4214 Mesa Grande Pl SE
Albuquerque, NM 87108