[NMCycling] WINTER HIT WORKOUTS

Richard Woodruff via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Dec 2 13:58:45 MST 2015

Greetings everyone!
The annual winter HIT workouts will begin on January 7th (Thursday) and run for 13 weeks until April 12 (Tuesday).

The workouts are written by Dr. Arnie Baker (check out his web site) and are structured to be cycling specific and to develop neuromuscular systems, power and strength. Over the course of the 13 weeks the workouts increase in intensity and duration. Typically the first one or two weeks may seem too easy for some but will certainly seem less so as the workouts develop.

We will begin at 6:30 sharp on Thursday, January 7th at Concrete Systems Inc. located on the SE corner of Matthew and Richmond NE (on block south Candelaria). Tuesday workouts will be at 1512 1st street NW. Same starting time.

What you will need:

Your bike
an indoor trainer (in the past, Arnie has recommended wind trainers)
something to raise the front of your bike about 4”-6” above the floor
a bike computer that will indicate cadence
a heart rate monitor is optional but recommended to those who will use these workouts as training for the racing season. Heart rate goals for each exercise are provided.
a couple of tire manufacturers now produce tires that are trainer specific. I use a Kenda.
some people have found that a thin rubber mat under the bike and trainer help keep the assembly from “walking”.

the workouts are free

Concrete Systems location:  http://www.concrete-sys.com/locations.html
Las Puertas Event Center: http://www.laspuertasevents.com/location/

I hope that many of you will join us this year. All participants experience improvement.
If you need additional information please contact either me or Mike Lucero.

Thanks…
Woody