[NMCycling] Valle del Oro CX 1-25-15

Hawke Morgan via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Jan 15 09:23:10 MST 2015

Bike-racers,

The Valle del Oro Cyclocross is coming up on 1-25-15.  As far as I know the last CX event of the season in these parts.  Start is at 2PM with a preride at 1:15.  Basemiles centered folks could probably get a few miles in beforehand.  Course is about a 7 mile loop, very fast with a lot of dirt/gravel road sections, and about 1/4 mile of pavement.  I am not generally a big fan of bald, diamond tread CX tires, but they would probably be good on this course.  This is kind of a transitional event between cyclocross and road season.  There will be a few runups and a long section going across a hayfield.  There will be very little tight twisty stuff.  USAC license required.  Most riders will do 3 laps, but some beginners/juniors may want to do fewer.  Juniors free, others $15.
Full info at bcdracing.com/cycling/  I am going to scout out the course in the next few days and will send out a report.

Hope to see you out there,

hm at ftml.net