[NMCycling] J Frey's 40 Km TT Record

Tim Schoeny via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Jul 14 07:18:43 MDT 2015

Courtesy of a former subscriber.  From: "Kevin Metcalfe" <nslckevin at gmail.com>
Date: July 11, 2015 at 11:28:39 PM MDT
To: <wattage at googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Wattage] John Frey's 40km TT record almost went down today

Justin Rossi rode a 47:47 at the Nor Cal district TT today.  He missed Frey’s record by only 12 seconds.  Conditions were decent, but not as good as two years ago. Regarding the power numbers, he lives in Reno at around 4k’ and works as a fire fighter at Lake Tahoe at 6200’  (i.e. sleeps at that altitude fairly often).  The Sattley TT course is at 4950’ above sea level.  FYI. https://www.strava.com/activities/344057102 Max Korus who won elite nationals (Rossi was 2nd) did not race today.  Korus broke Frey’s record at nationals, but the course was not surveyed so no record.  Also, that course was a bit long!  I imagine he must have had a REALLY good reason to leave a 30 year old national record sitting on the table when it was quite possibly his for the taking. Only one other guy that I know of today went under 50’, Nate English.  49 something, but I don’t know the official time. Kevin Metcalfe

 tim

Still Fit to Fight
1234567890         2         3         4         5         6         7    76