[NMCycling] Fwd: Announcing the new local HIGH SCHOOL MOUNTAIN BIKE TEAM!

Lindsay Mapes via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Jun 26 09:33:14 MDT 2015

Hi All,

Taos has just started a NICA team; a high school mountain bike team that
will compete in the Colorado division, since there are no other teams in
New Mexico. (See the announcement below.) I'm curious if there is interest
around the state for other high school mtb teams. Rumors for a team in
Santa Fe, Abq, Socorro, Las Cruces, and Gallup. Anywhere else? If so,
please email me.

Mad props to FITaos and good luck this fall!!

*Lindsay Mapes* | Directora
*Zia Rides* | Website <http://www.ZiaRides.com> | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/ZiaRides>
P.O. Box 1197 Gallup, NM 87305 | 505-863-4228

  INTRODUCING NEW MEXICO'S FIRST HIGH SCHOOL MOUNTAIN BIKE TEAM! This is
it. The official announcement of our new NICA High School Mountain Bike
Team,

  Like
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1435269975-9abc1999947cb54e82b3b8d915fdc3b2-3dfb787?pa=31240926655&amx=7491427645>
  [image: NM NICA heading]

INTRODUCING NEW MEXICO'S FIRST
HIGH SCHOOL MOUNTAIN BIKE TEAM!

This is it. The official announcement of our new NICA
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1435269975-600895946712170c0db70e2cad78cd61-3dfb787?pa=31240926655>
High School Mountain Bike Team, based right here in TAOS and
managed/operated/supported by Field Institute of Taos. This is a
"composite" team so we can accept riders from across the region (loosely
defined as the Enchanted Circle). Any high school student is welcome.
Coaches are trained and experienced.

Our team is licensed and insured as part of the National Interscholastic
Cycling Association.
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1435269975-17e4d2a8dd46a19d1df7c4c453e9b8d0-3dfb787?pa=31240926655>
Check out their website for more info. We believe strongly in the NICA Core
Values and are super excited to be part of something BIG. There are
currently NICA High School Mountain Bike Leagues in 15 states. Since our
state does not have a league yet, we are part of the Southern Colorado
League
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1435269975-0561f8c10b51eb6c27821d5ef20f3a45-3dfb787?pa=31240926655>
and will participate in up to 5 races during the fall season.

We expect to practice 2 days per week after school plus a group ride on
Sundays. We are all about inclusivity. Any rider. Any pace. Scholarships
available. Busy schedules accommodated. Fun promised.

Interested riders, parents, coaches and volunteers can contact us at
info at fitaos.org for details on the upcoming season.

PLEASE SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO MAY BE INTERESTED IN
PARTICIPATING IN OR SUPPORTING THE HIGH SCHOOL TEAM!

Inclusive - Equal - Strong Body - Strong Mind - Strong Character
[image: 969694 657461854269527 2130244518 n]
[image: facebook]
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1435269975-d10807af4aa4c04d342fcf13e662ceb0-3dfb787?pa=31240926655>
 [image: 1px]
    ©2015 Field Institute of Taos | P.O. Box 486 Arroyo Seco, New Mexico
87514
   Web Version
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1435269975-0a82b8009b5bd6a849916d10724a18e1-3dfb787?pa=31240926655&amx=7491427645>
<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1435269975-55ef4ffa6efb742437721368279ee390-3dfb787?pa=31240926655&amx=7491427645>