[NMCycling] Tour of the Gila

David Rutledge via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Tue May 5 13:57:48 MDT 2015

Stephen,

A more true statement could not be said. NM racers always do well at the
Gila and there is no reason that we should 'sit this one out' because we
don't feel prepared. I've competed in the past 12 Tours of the Gila at
various levels.

We should also work to push our legislators to include PERMANENT funding
for the race as part of the annual NM budget. If someone knows how or a
way to demonstrate the financial impact of the the race on NM ($,
tourism, etc.) please share so we can begin that request as soon as
possible. I bet that $150,000 of permanent funding would allow the race
to remain vibrant for 30 more years as -- New Mexico's Tour of the Gila
p/b SPONSOR NAME.

That's my dos centavos on this cinco de mayo.

dave

On 5/5/15 1:36 PM, Stephen Williamson via Bike-racers wrote:
> Congratulations to all those that raced in the Tour of the Gila.
> Just finishing it is an accomplishment.
>
> This is a reminder that next year will be it's 30th anniversary and it
> would be great if we, as bike racers of New Mexico, had a big showing
> in the race.
> Training starts next week.
>
> See you there.
>
> TLC Development Team/Active Knowledge

David Rutledge, PhD
New Mexico State University
Associate Dept. Head (graduate programs)
Dept. of Curriculum and Instruction
575-646-5411