[NMCycling] Fwd: UPDATE For Enduro

Brent Bonwell via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sat May 16 17:10:40 MDT 2015

FYI - Changes for tomorrow's Enduro.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	UPDATE For Enduro
Date: 	16 May 2015 15:44:04 -0700
From: 	Sports Reg <registration at sportsreg.com>
CC: 	david at glorieta.org

Hello Racers!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Bike and Brew experience so far and
is ready for more. Please read this email in it's entirety because there
is a TON of critical information. Due to the weather, we have been
forced to make some decisions but please know these decisions were made
strictly with racer safety as the top priority. The following changes
were made to increase racer safety, try to work around the weather as
best as possible, and ensure at every cost that we are able to provide
the best event possible, this weekend.

1. Start Time
The start time/racer's meeting has officially pushed back to 10:00 AM.
This is to allow the jeep roads to rest and dry out. This also allows a
bit more enjoyment of tonight's festivities!

2. Stages
We have eliminated Stage 2 from the race. All adult categories AND
Juniors 13-18 will be racing Stages 1, 3, and 1.

We have also changed the U12 course to eliminate the adult Stage 2, we
will be substituting another trail that will be well marked and still
provide a fun Enduro experience. The U12 Stage 2 will remain the same.

3. Packet Pick Up
Hopefully everyone has been informed at this point but packet pick up
will ONLY be available onsite on race day. Packet pick up will begin at
8:30 AM.

4. Trail Availability
The gates will be opened at 7:30 AM on race day. Racers are welcome to
ride on course at this time, please leave yourself enough time to gather
your packet and be at the racer meeting on time.

5. Trail Conditions
The trail conditions are subject to change dramatically from what we
have seen today but here is the breakdown. The climbs have been seeing
some muddy conditions close to camp but clear up a lot after about a
mile in. The climbs may be a little sticky at first but please know they
getting cleaner higher up. The descents are seeing mud towards the end
of them but clear for a large percentage of the run. Here's to hoping
for Hero Dirt!

If you have any questions at all, please call or text me at (281)
804-6674, email me at david at glorieta.org, or come see me at the Rail
Yard this evening at the Glorieta Camps booth right across from the pump
track. All in all, I think it is going to be a fantastic, yet
challenging, day of racing tomorrow!

Thank you,

David Saenz