[NMCycling] WTB: medium (size and level) road bike

Cliff Loucks via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri May 22 12:59:45 MDT 2015

Since very few people would want to buy my XT cranks given their 180 length, I’m posting a wanted to buy ad instead:

I’ve got a buddy who’s a good Mtb rider and, for some reason, wants to get a road bike.  He’ll need something medium sized, like 53-54; and, given this is an experiment, is hoping to keep it in the $600 - $800 range.  Being an engineer, I’m all for science and experimentation; it’s the best way to learn how to avoid mistakes - repeatedly in my case…

I’d appreciate any leads on an appropriate bike.  I’d let him experiment with mine.  But, those who have been paying attention already guess that my bikes - with 180 cranks on all of them (except the New Belgium Cruiser) are too big for this gent.

This said, my XT cranks are indeed for sale and will probably go cheap, since few people are as, uh, enlightened as I (yea, that’s it:-) about the benefit of long cranks.

Please and Thank You,
—-Cliff

Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when
they come at you rapidly.

Cliff Loucks
Albuquerque, New Mexico
at work: 505-844-9098