[NMCycling] Fenton Lake June 14th

Michael McCalla via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu May 28 10:19:56 MDT 2015

Hi Everybody,
Word is out that Tour de Los Alamos has been postponed(not cancelled, I just checked with the promoter), so we're doing a ride to Fenton Lake from Santa Fe!  I just reserved the covered group day use area, it can hold up to 100 people according to their site, so invite your friends.  Here are the details:
-Leave at 8:30 am from Betterday Coffee in Solana Center.  Faster riders can choose to leave later and chase!-Ride is about 73 miles with 6,000 feet of climbing.  There is a tough 3.7 mile climb with a 1,500' elevation gain to the Valle, bring your climbing gears.-Lunch will begin at 1:30 pm at the Fenton Lake Day use area.  The team will provide some food/drinks, but if you are sending somebody up there, feel free to add to it!-We will need to work out shuttles to get back into town.  If you know anybody who is willing to drive, we will reimburse them for gas, plus a little extra!  We may need to hire a van, I may drive my van up and ride backwards, I could take 4-5 riders back with me.  It's a beautiful area, and close to the San Antonio Hot Springs if you know some non-cyclists who would like to get up into the woods...
I will be gone until June 11th, but mark your calendars!   Should be fun!
Mike