[NMCycling] question about Cannondale OPI stem recalls

Cliff Loucks via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Oct 19 21:33:28 MDT 2015

Trying to to make any reference to CTina here:

This is absolutely the stupidest recall I’ve ever heard of.  Talk about lawyers screwing things up for businesses trying to make and sell a good product.  With some grass roots efforts, maybe the CPSC can start monitoring Lawyers for Ambulance chasing behavior?  I love good irony and this would be PERFECT.  Oops, sorry for shouting.

This recall only applies to the goons who have no clue how a quick release works and how to use it.  The first thing I do when I get a new fork is file off those damn ‘lawyer tabs’.  They just increase the chance of not getting the QR properly set at a consistent clamp force.  That said, you don’t suppose the lawyers understood this and realized the future clientele/income when the whole stupid ruckus happened that caused the lawyer tabs in the first place, do you?  Well now, that thought adds more fuel to the potential ex-patriation in my upcoming retirement years.  Hasta la Vista!

This said, take it as first notice that someone will finally have to get the sand bags out of their jersey pockets and take over this list at least when the 2017 season is getting underway.  Just let that thought roll around in your mind when your wheels are rolling around the Hwy 6 loop.  Please don’t forget to think about it.

For those lawyers I’ve offended with this rant - you joined them, so DEAL!

—Cliff

Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before. - Steven Wright

Cliff Loucks
Albuquerque, New Mexico
at work: 505-844-9098
at play: 505-604-1254