[NMCycling] FW: [NMMC] Fwd: Volunteers Needed to open Capulin Snow Play Area!

Hans Barsun via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Oct 28 15:02:30 MDT 2015

After being asked by a lady at the public forums on bigger wildnerness areas for the Sandias where the mountain bike volunteers were for Capulin, I figured I’d share this with the bicycle-enhanced public.

Cheers,
Hans

The Sandia Ranger District wants to open Capulin Snow Play Area 2 weekends per month this year — BUT they need volunteers to help operate it.  Can you help?

Capulin provides a wonderful mountain experience for hundreds of children and families every time it’s open.  For many, this begins a lifelong love of nature and the Sandias.  And it’s great fun!

Volunteers will be trained by the Forest Service and work as FS volunteers with FS supervision.  You can even ride up the mountain with FS staff if you want!  You can attend training EITHER Wed., Nov. 4 OR Sat., Dec. 5 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM.  (More training dates may be established later.)

To volunteer, please contact Antonio Garcia, Volunteer Manager, at the Sandia Ranger District: asgarcia at fs.fed.us<mailto:asgarcia at fs.fed.us> or 281-3304 ext. 128.  He will sign you up for training and dates to work.

AND PLEASE — forward this on to everyone you know who might like to volunteer.  The Forest Service needs us!

Thanks!