[NMCycling] The new HAWK signal - death waiting to happen.

John Vance via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sun Sep 13 15:45:31 MDT 2015

Trusting the new HAWK pedestrian/bicycle light at Lomas and Alvarado will
get you killed. The three times I've used it so far, it's been a
clusterfuck of drivers stopping on the flashing yellow and honking at me to
go, along with drivers cruising through the double red signal while
blabbing on their cell phones. Nobody knows what the signal means. Best to
not actuate it and cross when traffic allows. Nobody knows what the signal
means.  What a waste of money.