[NMCycling] Women of CX and Race Directors

Tove Shere via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sun Sep 20 16:56:55 MDT 2015

Good afternoon CX racers.  What a great start to the season today. AWESOME course and wonderful turn out of racers.
I made an announcement at the beginning of the Women’s races and i just wanted to share it again for anyone who may not have been there today.
When the initial categories were announced I missed what i believe to bean oversight or a typo in the Women’s divisions. You will see that the Cat 4 women’s race is listed as open to Cat 3 racers. Unfortunately once these things have gone to USAC and are put in print we can’t change the flyers. So…. I am inviting the women to change it by signing up in the Pro, 1,2, 3 race if they are a Cat 3 rider. The original intention of the Cat 4 race was to increase the women’s field and encourage first timers to give this crazy sport a try. Obviously you may enter where you wish given the reality of the flyer but i would encourage those of us that are already a Cat 3 to race up and let the Cat4’s experience the success they deserve in their own race. Thanks so much for listening and here’s to a fabulous season and many more women on CX bikes.
RACE DIRECTORS: If you have not yet printed your flyer you can correct this oversight. With gratitude for all your efforts.
Tove
Tove Shere
12117 Genoa St. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87111