[NMCycling] Changing times / Racing Age

New Mexico Sports Online via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Apr 1 08:19:51 MDT 2016

Just an interesting trend in cycling and who is racing.

Back in the late 80's and 90's if you were 26 yrs old you'd be one of the
oldest guys in the cat 4 field and the racers would ask, "who is that old
guy". (there wasn't a cat 5 yet).  As we were assigning bib numbers last
night for the Adoption Exchange we noticed a huge change in who's races
these days.  In the cat 5 more than half range from 60 to 30. The Cat 123
the majority is 50 to 30.

Something to ponder during your morning coffee..

Have a great race this weekend!

John