[NMCycling] Animal danger on Diversion Trail north of Menaul

RDCipoletti--- via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Dec 7 23:44:25 MST 2016

Aging Cyclist Questioned in Raid on Feral Cat Colony
An Albuquerque cyclist was detained by police this week after witnesses reported that he'd disturbed a feral cat colony near Menaul Blvd. The cyclist, whose name is being withheld pending notification of his caregivers, claimed that he'd been repeatedly victimized by unknown assailants while riding his bike in the area at speeds that are hard to imagine for a cyclist his age. The cyclist admitted to targeting the cat colony after detecting a strong odor of mullet, scotch whiskey, orange zest and brown sugar during the incidents, which, he claims, are the main ingredients in Blackened Drunken Mullet. According to the cyclist, the dish is commonly consumed by feral cats as part of rituals conducted prior to launching night time attacks on vulnerable prey such as himself. The cyclist insisted that he meant no harm to the cats or the mullets, and was only interested in establishing a meaningful dialogue.