[NMCycling] Annual Meeting

Brandi Hibner via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Feb 8 18:23:50 MST 2016

Hey there folks,

I had hoped to give more notice about the date for the annual meeting, but
life and job slowed me down. The NMBRA annual meeting will be held on
February 18th at 6pm in the community room at Sport Systems on Montgomery.
Each USAC club in good standing has 1 vote so please encourage your team to
send someone on your behalf.

I met with a few folks who are willing to step forward to throw their names
in the hat for board positions. I encourage anyone with the passion, and
THE TIME to commit to this community to throw their names in as well.

At this time the following board positions are up for election:

President - This is typically a 2 year term, however this time around it
was vacated after 1 year so technically 1 year this time around. The
President has additional duties that include a monthly conference call with
USAC and to attend the annual Local Association Meeting in Colorado Springs.

Secretary - This is also a 2 year term that I believe was vacated after 1
year. I'll be honest, I lost track on this one but will know for sure at
the meeting. This position has the duty of typing up and posting meeting
minutes.

2 at-large positions. My position was filling a vacated position and was
for 1 year. Another 2 year position has been vacated and will be a 1 year
assignment.

Total time required to be on the board:

Approximately 2 hours per month for a monthly meeting, and another hour per
month to address any issues brought up via email.

Other voluntary duties, you don't have to take one on, but someone has to
do them:

1 hour monthly Local Association Small Working Group phone call.
License Upgrade Coordinator - If I am not re-elected will need to be
assigned to someone, varies, generally 2 to 3 hours per month to process
upgrade requests.

Currently Al handles permit approval, and as he is not up for re-election,
this should be covered for at least the next year.

Treasurer- again, this is handled for the next year. Randy Corcoran
currently does this.

I also plan to propose an advisory committee be formed to represent the
interests of all groups within NMBRA. This should involve less time than
Board positions, if it is approved.

Please distribute this notification within your clubs to encourage members
to voice their views and concerns and to vote!!

Please direct any questions you would like answered before the meeting to
me at tygerchick at gmail.com

Best,
Brandi Hibner
NMBRA Board Member at Large