[NMCycling] JANUARY 30TH - UPCOMING FIELD PLANNING WORKSHOP FOR THE ALAMEDA DRAIN AN...

Diane Albert via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Jan 27 10:25:54 MST 2016

  _____

From:  <mailto:dsholtis at bernco.gov> dsholtis at bernco.gov
Sent: 1/22/2016 4:51:08 P.M. Mountain Standard Time
Subj: JANUARY 30TH - UPCOMING FIELD PLANNING WORKSHOP FOR THE ALAMEDA DRAIN
AND TRAIL MASTER PLAN

Good Afternoon!  Please accept my apologies if you receive this notification
multiple times.  We will further refine our e-mail list as we proceed.  If
you were able to attend our meeting on the 20th, we are extremely grateful
for the wonderful attendance!  If you were unable to attend or were
interested in reviewing the presentation or boards, you may view all these
items and keep up with project updates at
www.bernco.gov/alamedadrainproject.

The Public Works Division of Bernalillo County, along with our agency
partners:  the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District (MRGCD), the City of
Albuquerque, and the Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo and Flood Control
Authority (AMAFCA), has scheduled a Field Planning Workshop for the Alameda
Drain & Trail Master Plan.  The Master Plan will guide the future
development of amenities that incorporate a host of possible improvements
including storm water treatment and best management practices for drain
management, vegetation and landscaping, public art, connections to other
transportation nodes and facilities via a multi-use trail along the Alameda
Drain and pocket parks. An announcement of the meeting and planning workshop
is attached.

Join us by bike, car and on foot to explore the project corridor and learn
about the Alameda Drain & Trail Master Plan.  We will visit a number of
locations along the Drain and discuss possible design solutions including
but not limited to, trail alignment, landscaping, water harvesting, rest
areas and water quality features

The Public Meeting and Workshop will be held at three separate times along
the corridor 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM on Saturday, January 30, 2016.
Please see the map below for meeting locations and respective times.  The
meeting is expected to last until 12:00 PM.  You may participate at one or
all of the locations indicated.  We do ask that you please RSVP by Thursday,
January 28th so can we make sure we have enough staff in attendance to
answer questions and share information.

The Field Planning Workshop is one of several public involvement activities
that have occurred and will continue to occur for the development of the
final Master Plan, which is expected to be completed in the spring of 2016.
A segment of the corridor will then move into the design and construction
phase.

Please contact County Project Engineer, Diane Sholtis, P.E., at (505)
224-2124 or at  <mailto:dsholtis at bernco.gov> dsholtis at bernco.gov for
additional information or visit our website at
<http://www.bernco.gov/alamedadrainproject>
www.bernco.gov/alamedadrainproject

Please feel free to forward this message on to other interested parties that
have not been included.

cid:image001.png at 01D15431.8E1E82F0

Diane Sholtis, P.E.
Project Engineer
Public Works Division
2400 Broadway Blvd. SE, Albuquerque, NM 87102
Email:  <mailto:dsholtis at bernco.gov> dsholtis at bernco.gov
O: (505) 224-2124 C: (505) 249-5286
 <http://www.bernco.gov/> www.bernco.gov

Note: Gratuitous graphics and other non-essential items may be removed from
the above message to save time loading the email and to save ink and paper
if printed.

Website: www.anvanews.com
Email: anvanews at aol.com

anvanews - We are using this email address to provide information about
community events and issues. This email was blind copied to those who have
provided email address information to the Alameda North Valley Association
(ANVA) or to email addresses that are part of the public record. Email
address lists are maintained at the discretion of the site owner and not by
ANVA. The information provided does not necessarily reflect the views of
ANVA or anvanews and anvanews and the site owner assumes no responsibility
about the information provided. If you have additional community information
or questions, please reply to this email. We reserve the right to select and
edit any material that is submitted. Gratuitous graphics and other non-
essential items included in the information sent to anvanews may be removed.
If you would like to be removed from this list, please reply to this email.
If you continue to receive email please reply again and we will again try to
eliminate duplicated addresses. Email addresses are not shared and they will
never be used for commercial purposes.