[NMCycling] Nathan's ride on Saturday

Doug via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Jan 29 09:26:18 MST 2016

The racing community should consider participating in the Rally for Bike Safety as described below:

In case anyone is wondering about the “bicycles may use full lane” sign, the City of Albuquerque is considering placing “bicycles may use full lane” signs along bike routes within the city; possibly beginning with Campus Blvd. Look at a copy of the City Bicycle Map to determine other locations that are bike routes and where the signs could be posted.

And never forget, as citizens we can and should write to our mayors, Governor, and legislators (City, County, State) to express our opinions. Writing to them will be much more effective than bemoaning conditions for bicyclists on the bike racers list-serve.

Rally for Bike Safety at the Roundhouse
Saturday, February 13, 8:45 am – 3:00 pm

Please join BikeABQ, the Bicycle Coalition of New Mexico, and New Mexico Motorcycle Rights for Biker Day at the Roundhouse!

Albuquerque cyclists interested in heading up to Santa Fe for this event are invited to ride the RailRunner with BikeABQ, which will cover the cost of a round-trip ticket for up to 25 attendees.

Please email RSVP at bikeabq.org to reserve your free train ticket.
You do not need to bring your bicycle to participate!

You must arrive at the downtown ABQ station by 8:45am if you plan to take the train with us. Alternately, you may also drive to Santa Fe, and park at NM Bike & Sport.

We will meet cyclists in Santa Fe at New Mexico Bike and Sport at 524 Cordova Rd at 11:15am for complementary pizza and refreshments before a group ride to the Roundhouse, where we will meet with NM Motorcyclists for a rally for Biker Safety.

RSVP to the event on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/566948450136415>  for more updates as the date approaches or contact BikeABQ for more information.

http://Bikeabq.wildapricot.org/resources/Pictures/BikerDayRoundhouseFlyer.JPG