[NMCycling] Fiesta Cross

Jerry Shere via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sat Nov 12 17:15:23 MST 2016

The course is set and it should be fast and fun. A couple of notes. First,
we are in the northernmost parking lot of Balloon Fiesta Park. When you
come down Balloon Fiesta Parkway take the first right turn through a gate
into the lot. Everything will be at the West end of the lot.

We will try to do awards after each race immediately following the 15
minute protest period.

If you plan to register on-site tomorrow please come early. Everyone will
need to check in at the registration table tomorrow morning and sign your
waivers, give us your bib #'s, and confirm your category.

The format tomorrow breaks out the Master's Men 50/60+ into a separate race
(Race #2) at 10AM. It looks like we have a solid field for that race...go
geezers!

This could be a good course for file treads as there is a lot of hard
surface. Weather should be really nice.

We won't have a double sided pit, unfortunately. Therefore, we will have
the pit on the main straight near the start/finish line and Zach will be
there to provide tech support.

The folks at the Balloon Fiesta Park/CABQ have been very helpful and
cooperative in hosting this event. Our hope is to someday develop a
semi-permanent facility for cross racing along the lines of Valmont Park in
Boulder. While this is an early attempt, it's a start and we have their
ear.

Cheers,

Jerry Shere
Santa Fe, New Mexico