[NMCycling] For sale - Bridgestone RB-T, 56 cm C-T "do everything" bike.

John Vance via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Nov 22 10:09:20 MST 2016

1994 Bridgestone RB-T "sport touring" road bike.  This is the original
gravel grinder.  Room for 36C tires.  Braze-ons for fenders and rear rack.
Fenders and rear rack available if you want them.

Steel Tange MTB frame, designed for light touring but sharp handling for a
tourer.
56 cm center to top.
No original components - here is what it has:

105 10 speed brifters - 5700 hidden cable
Sora compact front derailleur
"8 speed" Deore XT rear derailleur - does 10 speed just fine, handles 32
tooth cog.
Nashbar ISIS crank - not trying to establish a Caliphate - 50/34 172.5
Shimano "campus" pedals - spd one side, platform the other.
Shimano Ultegra 10 speed 12-25 cassette
Shimano 600 cartridge sealed headset in great shape
"8 speed" Deore XT cantilevers - fresh Kool-Stop pads
Ritchey/Kalloy seatpost - some random Selle San Marco seat
TTT Record 84 stem, 110 length.  Old school quill.
Trek System 2 handlebars
Wheels: Mavic MA2/Deore DX front, 105 "8 speed" / Mavic Reflex SUP back.
Tires: Kenda Karve 26C - will throw in Maxxis Refuse 25C tires with plenty
of tread left.
If you want to retrofit it back to 7 speed triple, I will throw in a
Specialized triple crank / BBUN70 bottom bracket, 7 speed bar end shifters
and a MA2/Deore DX 7 speed rear wheel.  The triple crank is set up
half-step plus granny and I have an original Deore front derailleur for
half-step.

Paint is a little rough but no bare metal, no rust. It's been ridden, but
very little in the past 15 years. I never figured out what I wanted to do
with this bike. It's always been kept in a garage. Now I have a Giant TCX
and although this bike is cool, I can't justify it any more.

$400. Take it off my hands and go ride it like it deserves to be ridden. .